[CBQ] Re: ex-DZ cars Black Hills Central

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: ex-DZ cars Black Hills Central
From: "Rick Briney" <briney@spe.midco.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:08:41 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I'll try to get down to Hill City in the near future and see which
ones are left. I believe there are three of them yet. I was there a
couple weeks ago taking pics of the NE10 waycar and one of the
stainless cars is coupled to the waycar. The corner of the car is in
my pic but it doesn't have any lettering that I can ID. From memory,
it seems to me that more than one is lettered Texas Zephyr. I was
told that one or more of the cars (the missing ones) was sold to an
Arab Shiek for parts for his car in Saudi Arabia, but I have no way
to confirm that.

It is unfortunate that the previous and current owners are all
tourist business and not history minded at all. They have no idea of
the treasures they have stored that are rotting away.

Rick Briney

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM