[CBQ] CB&Q Waycar

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q Waycar
From: "Roger Kirkpatrick" <caboose9@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 21:35:53 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi,

Sure, it had the cupola removed at the CRRM, Golden, where it sat on the ground
and was used for years as the wood shop.  When it became surplus at the CRRM it
was moved to storage in Boulder by the Boulder County Railway Historical
Society.  Later it was sold/loaned to Niwot for display, where the cupola was
rebuilt.

Niwot is a 3 caboose town.  The other 2 are wood, cupola, C&S #? and wood,
cupola, SJ&GI 48.

Roger

  As I was driving along CO 119 past Niwot, I saw a waycar alongside the
highway.  I pulled in and took out my new Nikon D70 digital and took several
photos.  It is a wood 4-window waycar lettered CB&Q 14649.  It appears to be
undergoing restoration, as the ladders and other metal parts are off of it, and
the brake gear is on the track below.   It looks in really good condition,
except that the trucks are freight car trucks with coil springs and not Q
waycar trucks.  It is lettered for CB&Q, built 1907, Plattsmouth, NE, and has a
logo for the town of Niwot.  Does anyone know anything about this Q waycar?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM