[CBQ] CB&Q Waycar

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q Waycar
From: railbass@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 02:41:31 +0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I will send this without the photo, as it keeps bouncing back to me.

I went to Boulder, CO, Saturday for a layout open house and then went up to
Longmont.   As I was driving along CO 119 past Niwot, I saw a waycar alongside
the highway.   I pulled in and took out my new Nikon D70 digital and took
several photos.   It is a wood 4-window waycar lettered CB&Q 14649.   It
appears to be undergoing restoration, as the ladders and other metal parts are
off of it, and the brake gear is on the track below.   It looks in really good
condition, except that the trucks are freight car trucks with coil springs and
not Q waycar trucks.   It is lettered for CB&Q, built 1907 at Plattsmouth, NE,
and has a logo for the town of Niwot - which was the home of the late Howard
Fogg.   Does anyone know anything about this Q waycar, especially as it is
alongside C&S tracks?
- John Manion
  Denver, CO

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM