Re: [CBQ] P-S 2 door 60' Boxcars

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] P-S 2 door 60' Boxcars
From: "Rupert and Maureen" <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 17:10:13 +1200
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Tom

The XM-6 #10270-10289 was built by Pullman Standard in 1965 with a 10'
sliding door and 6550 cu. ft. capacity.  The XM-6A #10290-10299  was also
built by Pullman Standard in 1965 with both a 10' and a 6' plug door and a
capacity of 6400 cu. ft.

Whilst both cars had an inside length of 60' 10", the other dimensions were
different, with the second group having an inch less inside width and 5
inches less inside height, with the outside dimensions also smaller.
However, the latter group had Keystone cushion underframes rather than the
Hydroframe of the former group and had an outside length of 68' 9" as
opposed to the 68' of the former group.

There are photos of both cars on page 62 of Mike Spoor's CB&Q Color Guide.

Regards

Rupert