Re: [CBQ] Commercial Post - Q Connection Stuff

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Commercial Post - Q Connection Stuff
From: VERLIN WHITE <verlinwhite@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 16:37:24 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Can I see a photo of your Depots?
I work in one of the old "Q" narrow gauge brick depots, a museum, and I also
work with a "Q" depot here in Lewistown, Il.
 Looking for maybe using one for a display in the museum.

Dave Lotz <dave_lotz@charter.net> wrote:
Happy Friday the 13th!

Q Connection has a lot of things we?d like to share with you today.

First-of-all, we are pleased and excited to announce that Q Connection is
now accepting online payments via PayPal.  I haven?t got our web site
updated with this information, but this method of payment is available and
ready to use!

At Moline we announced a new HO scale depot kit, the CB&N-style CB&Q depots
used on the line from the Quad Cities to St. Paul.  This kit is being
offered in two versions, with and without the freight room.  We have started
taking reservations on these kits ? a reservation form for you to use has
been loaded to the Q Connection web site -
www.Qconnection.bizhosting.com/forms/CB&N Reservation Form.pdf
<http://www.qconnection.bizhosting.com/forms/CB&N%20Reservation%20Form.pdf>
.

Also at Moline, we started distributing a survey form for custom decorated
Bowser HO scale HC-1 2-bay hoppers.  The initial response was great, but I?d
like to hear from more folks before a decision is made to run any of these.
A survey form has been loaded to the Q Connection web site -
www.Qconnection.bizhosting.com/forms/HC-1 Survey Form.pdf
<http://www.qconnection.bizhosting.com/forms/HC-1%20Survey%20Form.pdf> .
Complete the survey by sending me an offlist email indicating the versions
and quantities you?d be interested in having.  As the form states ?
completing this survey does not commit you to purchasing anything.

On the brass side
*      Railway Classics announced this week that their CB&Q steel waycars (NE10,
NE12 and NE13s) are now going to be delayed until mid-June.  The painting
sub-contractor wanted more money, and Railway Classics agreed to pay to get
the cars done.  They are NOT passing along the price increase to their
customers.  Railway Classics has several other projects of interest to CB&Q
modelers ? check out their web site at www.RailwayClassics.com
<http://www.railwayclassics.com/> .
*      Challenger Imports has a limited number of their CB&Q Class M2A 2-10-2's
( http://www.challengerimports.com/instockDetail.aspx?project_id=25) and C&S
Class E5A 2-10-2's (
http://www.challengerimports.com/instockDetail.aspx?project_id=26) still in
stock and available to order.  I also have a lead on a few of the Challenger
Imports CB&Q Hart ballast cars for a great price.  Contact me offlist for
details.
*      Precision Scale has a few of the HO and O scale BE-1 Express Box Cars
still available, but the BIG news (forgive the pun) is the O scale CB&Q M-4a
2-10-4s that are in stock!  See the details here
http://psc1.virtualfocus.com/O%20CBQ%20M4.html.

Broadway Limited just announced another run of switchers for August release
with CB&Q versions.
All of these are priced - MSRP w/sound $179.99 Q Deal $143.99 - MSRP
no/sound $89.99 Q Deal $71.99 :
CB&Q NW2 Phase V #9248
C&S SW7 Phase II #154
Also, some of the first run CB&Q SW7?s #9263 are still available both with
and without sound.
BLI has also recently announced Switch Towers in HO and N Scales that are
correct for some of those used on the CB&Q.  They will be built in brass,
the HO versions will have glass window inserts, full interior detailing, and
come either unpainted or hand painted.  See this web page for details
http://www.broadway-limitedwest.com/switchtower.htm.
I?m still taking orders for the Broadway Limited CZ cars - Those who
pre-order will receive a 25% discount off of BLI?s suggested retail price of
$64.99 - Domes & Dome Obs is $69.99 &shy; which will be $48.75 and $52.50 per
car respectively, plus shipping & handling.  Their web page (
http://www.broadway-limited.com/products/calzephyrpc.htm) says the first of
these cars are scheduled for an October delivery.

Don?t forget the ConCor Pioneer Zephyrs in both HO & N.  The standard Q-Deal
of 20% down and 20% off of retail applies, therefore, both the HO & N scale
models ($379.00 MSRP) would be $300.00 - and since this is a late offer,
I'll throw in free shipping.  If you haven't already reserved your copy of
the Pioneer, you should do so ASAP, as I talked with Pam this week and the
HO versions are expected to arrive in the US in June and ship to dealers in
July - the N scale versions shortly thereafter.  The production quantities
are already set, so once they are gone - they are gone.

For the N scalers ? ConCor has a CB&Q version of the USRA 2-10-2 available ?
MSRP $329.98 Q Deal $263.98.

It was great seeing many of you in Moline ? Galesburg Railroad Days are
coming June 25th & 26th ? hope to see many of you there!

Dave Lotz, Owner
Q Connection
3040 Southoaks Place
St. Louis, MO  63129