[CBQ] Fruit Growers Express Car information

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Fruit Growers Express Car information
From: "Dave Lotz" <dave_lotz@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 08:53:26 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
CBQ Listers,

Dan Zylka, from Walthers has contacted the BRHS Archives for information on
the mid-1950's Fruit Growers Express Company 52' 6" mechanical refrigerated
boxcars labeled BREX for the CB&Q railroad.  They are looking for ANY
information you may have on this car including....

*Photos of the actual car, in, out, underside.
*General Arrangement, or Brake Diagrams of this car
*Any information as to construction specifics, including the refrigeration
unit would be helpful.

According to the Freight Car Register for January 1960, these cars are 52'
 6" long, have a cubic foot capacity of 3035
They were numbered 117, 118, 119, and 120-149.
Later versions were in the 5000-5069 series.

Hol Wagner and Al Hoffman have already contributed what information they
have, but, any information you may have will also be helpful.

If you have anything that would be of help, contact me offlist and I will
help get you in contact with Dan.

Dave Lotz
BRHS

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM