[CBQ] Re: CB&Q XM-5 Boxcars in Green

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q XM-5 Boxcars in Green
From: "thommack" <thommack@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 12:15:11 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Russ:

Thanks for the assignment info. I have an e-mail in to Athearn to try
to find out their source for photos of the cars in green. The Athearn
Genesis cars look very nice, but strangely the CB&Q Red ones have not
been released yet although I think the other roadnames announced at
the time are out. The original PR artwork showed the same car number
as shown in Spoor's Color Guide. I have ordered both cars in Red but
won't order in green until I know more.

If anyone else has any info/photos please let me know!

Tom Mack

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, Russell Strodtz <19main@g...> wrote:
> Tom,
>
> That series was all auto parts cars.  CB&Q's contribution to
> the various pools.  I saw very few cars of auto parts and can
> not even recall this group at all.
>
> At the time of the merger they were assigned to:
> City Auto Stamping at Toledo OH
> Ford at Dearborn MI
> Ford at Sterling MI
>
> This was another of these deals where if you wanted any business
> you had to contribute cars to the pool. Might not see them loaded
> for months but you would be getting loads out of that pool, just not
> in your cars. There was no effort made to connect the car ownership
> with the routing.
>
> Any painted green?  I have no idea at all.
>
> Seems to me the most common type of box car that was seen painted
> CB&Q green was the old ratty 41900-42499 single doors. Many of
> these cars were in hide service.
>
> Russ

Anyone

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM