Re: [CBQ] CZ & DZ consist information.

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CZ & DZ consist information.
From: Aeolus3@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:18:35 EDT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
In the 1960's it was common to see extra coaches in the CZ consist. It seems
a couple of the "usual" coaches were the pre war Burlington Budd flat tops and
the DRG&W Pullman Standard coaches, I believe these were ex C&O. I'm sure
over the years other coaches were used when passenger traffic required extra
cars.

Walthers made the DRG&W coaches in HO scale. However the Burlington flat tops
have only been made in brass.

For the foreign Pullmans..... I would think just about any Pullman showed up.
In my HO CZ I use a Pennsylvania RR Cascade series 10-5. If I ever get it
built, I will also use a C&O 10-6  In the C&O Passenger Freight Color Guide
from
Morning Sun, 2 of the 3 shots of the C&O 10-6's are in the CZ. "City of
Montgomery" with skirts and "City of Staunton" without skirts are pictured in
the CZ
consist.

Very interesting since Walthers has announced a fluted Pullman Standard, 10-6
Pullman, thus ACL, PRR, SAL,L&N,  and other railroads could show up in a
model of the CZ.

Mike Spoor in his Burlington color books has found many shots of foreign
Pullmans in the CZ consist.

We've come along way since the days of the old HO plastic passenger cars,
when the choice was AHM or Con Cor. I was told a couple of years ago by our
local
newspaper when I asked them to put in a story about the Little Q's Open
House, they told me model railroading was a dying hobby. Well SOMEONE out there
is
buying all the new models being produced by many manufacturers if they weren't
making a profit we wouldn't have all the new models coming out.

Loren Johnson

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM