[CBQ] New Athearn Genesis PS Boxcars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] New Athearn Genesis PS Boxcars
From: "thommack" <thommack@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 16:37:53 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Genesis is releasing the 1960's PS 60' boxcars in CB&Q (class XM-5
with two 8' doors). There were 50 built #9800-9849. The picture in
Athearn's release shows #9810.

Now a second release is coming out and Athearn is releasing the car in
CB&Q but in Green. Since only 50 cars were built, and these were built
late 1963, anyone know when they got green paint, how many were
painted green, and possibly what numbers (the Athearn artwork shows
car #9824)?

I'm thinking of ordering some, but since I model 1967/68 I wonder if
any got repainted green that early.

Tom Mack
Cincinnati, OH

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM