[CBQ] The Steam Locomotive Catalogue Project...

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] The Steam Locomotive Catalogue Project...
From: <kohlj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:36:36 -0400
Well, after pouring over the tail end of Corbin's steam locomotive book for
several weeks, I've decided to start on a project.  I'm going to create an
excell spreadsheet with all of the info from the appendices on the spreadsheet.

But that's a bunch of work...so I decided to do this;   appeal for volunteers!
It's a lot of work, but if a few of us join in, we should be done in a very
short amount of time!  It's very simple.  All you need is a copy of Corbin's
steam locomotives of the burlington route, and a few hours over the next few
weeks, oh, and a copy of MS Excel and a rudimentary knowledge of how to do a
spreadsheet.  Or I can teach you if you've got Excel..

Here's how we'll do it.  I've already created the spreadsheet.  I'll divvy out
the 'jobs' (people can volunteer for what they want to work on), and instead of
one person plodding through every single locomotive, we'll split them up.
Someone does all the O-1s.   Someone does the M-4s.  Someone does all the K10s.
 In a very short amount of time we'll be done, and can post the results for
everyone to enjoy.

If you're interested in helping out with this project, email me *privately* and
I'll pass you the spreadsheet & info.

Obviously there are other sources for info, so if someone wants to voluteer to
provide info maybe not found in Corbin's guide, please feel free to jump in...

Cheers!

Jan Kohl
Castle Graphics
www.castlegraphics.com