[CBQ] Restoration of GN 1291 St Nicholas Mountain

To: <BNlist@yahoogroups.com>, <BNSF@yahoogroups.com>, <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>, <gngoat@yahoogroups.com>, <GN-Rwy@yahoogroups.com>, <PassengerCarList@yahoogroups.com>, <RRcarowners@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Restoration of GN 1291 St Nicholas Mountain
From: "Ben Ringnalda" <bringnal@xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 01:43:45 +0100
Hi all,

Last June I acquired former Great Northern (and CB&Q) tall-window observation
car 'St. Nicholas Mountain'. I am planning to restore St. Nicholas Mountain to
its original looks, just like when she rolled of the assembly line at American
Car & Foundry in 1951. At the same time I will be converting St. Nicholas
Mountain to make her suitable for use as a Private Railcar on Amtrak. All
needed conversions will be kept out of plain sight as much as possible in an
effort to maintain a historically correct look.

To document and support the restoration of St. Nicholas Mountain I have started
a website at www.stnicholasmountain.com. Please take a look and check out the
history of this great tall-window observation car, restoration plans and
progress, and to find out how you can help the restoration of one of Great
Northern's Greatest Observation-Lounges along.

Enjoy!

Ben Ringnalda
www.stnicholasmountain.com
www.greatnorthernempire.net

"See America First, on...St. Nicholas Mountain!"

PS: My apologies for the cross posts.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM