Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 2356

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 2356
From: clipperw@EarthLink.net
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:15:29 -0600
Ray,

The four tall stack arrangement was a RR applied modification, I
believe, to resolve a cylinder back pressure issue. However, not all Q
VO1000's were so modified. As originally equipped, they had a short
single stack located toward the rear of the hood, near the cab. Other
RR's also modified their VO1000s with the four stack arrangement. I do
not know whether Baldwin was involved with the design of the
modification.

Bill Barber

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM