Re: [CBQ] O-1-A Mikado 4978 Move

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] O-1-A Mikado 4978 Move
From: <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 23:18:45 -0600
  From: Ralph W. Brown, Jr.
  To: CBQ List
  Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 10:48 PM
  Subject: [CBQ] O-1-A Mikado 4978 Move

  To all:

  I was fortunate and honored to receive many years of Burlington Bulletins and
Zephyrs from the son of a BRHS member who passed away several years ago.  I
love this material.  As I was reading The Zephyr issue 1-98 No. 37 I happened
upon an article about the 4978.  The Zephyr contained a very nice fold out
spread with color photographs of the move to Mendota.

  There are several photographs of the train that pulled 4978 to it
destination.  The train consisted of BNSF GP28M 1527, a TTX flat car, 4978,
another TTX flat car, and a waycar.  Why did they place the 4978 between two
empty flat cars?  I read the text but didn't find explanation.  However, I
could be missing something.

  R.W. Brown, Jr.
  Galesburg, IL

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor