[CBQ] Re: Purington Pavers

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Purington Pavers
From: "Todd" <thefryeguy@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 02:29:50 -0000

I've traveled along the Wymore to Oxford line several times now.
Although there are still one or two station sites I have yet to
visit, I thus far have been unable to find any evidence of Endicott
bricks being used.  I would have expected some of the stations near
Endicott, especially Endicott itself, to have used these bricks.
Many of the former depot/platform sites along that line now show
little evidence of any structure having been erected there.  Even the
local old-timers cannot remember most details, since the platforms
are so long gone.  I would conclude that you are correct that the
plant did not become operational until later, although I do not know
much of the history of the plant itself.

-Todd E. Frye
Baldwin City, KS

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM