[CBQ] Need info on 3 Different Steam Fantrips

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Need info on 3 Different Steam Fantrips
From: "oc484_6325" <hk6scholl@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 15:58:43 -0000

Thanks to Mr. Fenner and the folks that replied to my requests.
Since I am narrowing things down a bit, and found this site, decided
to post.

I am looking for the dates of the following three trips.  The others
have been pretty well identified.

(1) Trip with C&S 638 that was operated by the Intermountain Chapter
NRHS.  It had a drumhead on the rear Burlington Green business car
#69.  The trip started in Denver Union Station but we do not know
where it went or when it was(sometime in 1961-62).  We know it wasn't
the last 2 trips cause we have them on film as well.

This trip was unique in that at the end of the run, 638 ran around
the train at a siding and coupled up to the end of the train,
apparently going to run tender-first.  So out of Denver which trips
would have had no place to turn the engine?

The consist was 1 green baggage car, and 4-5 silver Burlington Coaches
(2 Clerestory Roof cars), and the 69 on the rear.  The photographer
rode the trip, and they did two runbys at one location.  This is the
trip that has us most stumped!!

(2) June 1965 trip from Lincoln to Omaha and return with 4960.  Need
the exact date.  Have other shot locations, etc.

(3) June 1966 Circus Train with 4960 to Milwaukee.  Stops made in
Madison and Waukesha.  Need exact day on this one.

I understand there is a book "Burlington Route Steam Finale" that
would be helpful to me.  I called Lloyd Stagner and the publisher but
it is out of print.  If someone would loan me a copy of their book, I
would exchange it for product, and return it fairly soon.  Their may
be other helpful info that would help me in my scripting of this
project.

Thanks,
Greg Scholl

http://www.gregschollvideo.com