[CBQ] CB&Q Waverly, NE depot....

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q Waverly, NE depot....
From: "binder5295" <binder5295@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 15:18:05 -0000

Hi guys,

I have been recently asked to help with some restoration of the
Waverly, NE CB&Q depot. This depot sat for years in the park in
Waverly.  The city tried using it for a theater, then as a storage
building.  In the recent past the building was donated and moved a
few miles to the grounds of the Camp Creek Threshers.  This is a
historical group that started preserving old tractors and farm
machinery.  I volunteered to build a model RR in the baggage area of
the depot and am now charged with looking into some restoration.

I would appreciate any sources of photos of the depot "in service"
and any general comments about interior colors, etc. The baggage
area in particular is very dark and needs some wall repairs before
we can start a layout.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Gary Binder

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM