[CBQ] 1910 era Illinois - Missouri "wedding train"

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] 1910 era Illinois - Missouri "wedding train"
From: "John Lewis" <CBQJohn@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:37:40 -0600
Bcc:
Good afternoon from Palmyra!

Our town's local librarian just gave me a call .... she had received an
inquiry from a lady working on a book about a large group of couples that
came via train in 1910 from central Illinois to Palmyra, Missouri in order
to get married (I don't know if it was regularly scheduled or a charter).

Palmyra was (and is) the county seat ... to obtain a marriage license here
in our county, no blood test is required which could be the possible reason
why the folks showed up here.

I don't know of the routing of the train (K line, via Quincy, etc).

Anybody out there heard of anything like this (hello, Arch Hayden!)?

Regards,

John Lewis

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM