[CBQ] Lightweight car list was Silver name

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com,CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Lightweight car list was Silver name
From: Bob Webber <zephyr1@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:51:06 -0600
This product is a combination of data from Wayner's books, Randall's books
(the Pullman & Budd books; as well as his other books) and original
research.  There are errors in all three major areas, the first two I am
certain as I found them, the third I am equally sure of as I am human.

Everything in the list has been hand entered, which leads to transposition
and other entry errors - I catch what I can as I can - and there are
multiple methods of checking data.

The original impetus for this list sprang from a desire to have information
for the cars that showed up as off-line cars for the CZ consists.  That
expanded somewhat into what you see here.

All of the CB&Q's Budd cars (except, as indicated in the header, the
commuter cars) are in the list, some second hand cars are not included
(yet).  Some of the articulated cars have not (yet) been separated though
they appear as part of trains.  I am still working on the best method for
that material.   Cars may not be in the order you may be accustomed - or
there may be spelling errors (a natural progression having to do with hand
entry, and repetition)  Another error that I continually find is one having
to do with Excel where if you are in one cell and have entered something
and you jump to another cell without first hitting the enter key, the value
of the cell address you have jumped to is entered where you jumped
from.  So you might see an entry like "SILVER CH+E1234ATEAU" because the
courser was in the middle of the word CHATEAU and I jumped to cell
E1234.  And, this thing has really only been built in the past 3-4 weeks.

As I say, I welcome any corrections, additions or comments.  I DO want to
ensure all manufacturers of accurate models are presented.  At this time,
it is only HO.   that will change eventually.   The Coach Yard has a
complete list of all of their products on line - that is why they have so
many entries.  Railway Classics have many of their models on line, so many
of their models are entered.  I found some Shoreham Shops and Oriental and
added them.  I sent notes to a variety of folks, and others know of the
work (as they are on the Passenger Car List).  The Passenger car Side
manufacturers are entered as much as possible, from their entries on
line.  Other than that, there's not a lot more I can do.

For Heavyweight Sleepers, there is another, far more conclusive list that
has been put together with far more information direct from the Pullman
records.  That list also includes lightweight sleepers, and has information
about A/C, trucks, brakes, etc.  This was not meant to supplant it but to
include cars not on that list and to present a link between models and
prototype.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM