[CBQ] Historic CB&Q Bridges - seeking info

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Historic CB&Q Bridges - seeking info
From: "ghfenner" <ghfenner@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 00:29:47 -0000

Michael Edison has contacted BRHS with the following message -

"I am researching a number of railroad bridges built in the late
1800's, including several CB&Q bridges. In particular, these bridges
are cited as having been built using natural cement, rather than
modern Portland cement, and we are finding many of the structures
built with this material have endured exceptionally well. The four
listed in an 1898 book include bridges at Plattsmouth, NE,
Bellefontaine, MO, Leavenworth, KS, and Alton IL.

Do your archives include any information of photographs of these
structures? Does anyone know if they still exist? Thank you for your
assistance."

Mr. Edison will, I am sure, appreciate any information you can
provide.  Please contact him directly at edisoncoatings@msn.com

Gordon Fenner

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM