[CBQ] HELP with Oil bunkers on steam tenders

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] HELP with Oil bunkers on steam tenders
From: "Ray Bedard" <tczephyr@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:25:02 -0800
Bcc:
I just completed the modifications to my BWL 2-8-2. I added the Elesco feed
water heater system, new generator, bell and other minor changes. Ready to
do the tender now.

I have searched almost every book and mag to get a top side view of the oil
bunker added to the tender and have not been able to find any photos.

My question is, was there a hatch on the top of the oil bunker and if so
where is it located? Looking at my brass oil burning 4-8-4 and 4-6-4, the
oil fill hatch is at the back of the bunker and the hand rail on these are
off center. Corbin's book shows a drawing of the 5500 series 2-8-2 (page
233) as being dead CENTER!

So what is correct? Can anyone direct to me any photos of the top of the
tenders, or if you have any photos, either email a copy showing the detail
or describe it as best you can.

Thanks.

Ray Bedard
San Jose CA

PS Bill Glick is also reworking his BWL 2-8-2, but he's doing the
Worthington feed water system and needs the tender bunker info as well.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM