[CBQ] [Fwd: [Fwd: Save our passenger railroad!]]

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] [Fwd: [Fwd: Save our passenger railroad!]]
From: Jan Kohl <kohlj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 23:24:25 -0500
Hello everyone, just thought you all would want to see this...please be
aware that I asked Dave if it was ok to forward on this list, no
problemo, but that this list is CB&Q oriented, so please keep discussion
of this topic to a min...however, please also pass on to any other
railroad groups that you feel would find this something to take action over.
   ---------------------------

   Save our passenger railroad!

   The proposed Federal budget for 2006 will eliminate all government
   subsidies for cross country rail services (except in certain metro
   areas).  While Amtrack is certainly not perfect, removing ALL of
   it's budget is NOT the way to go!

   See these pages for more detail:
   http://www.narprail.org/
   http://www.narprail.org/r05.htm
   http://www.railtravelcenter.com/Amtrakbudget.htm

   With growing fuel prices, the growing complaints about air polution,
   the traffic getting worse and worse...we need a BETTER and CHEAPER
   rail system, not worse!  It is hypocritical for the government to
   tout it's concern in these areas, yet to remove other options from
   our travel infrastructure!

   Check it out, see if you agree, and please write to your congressman
   if you do...

   Cheers!

   *::: computer security consultant :::*
                   the pits - http://www.theuspits.com