[CBQ] Review: Trackside around Granger Country 1952-55

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Review: Trackside around Granger Country 1952-55
From: "Gerald A. Edgar" <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 23:20:23 -0000

Pub. by Morning Sun, its the original slides of a Rich Wilson of
Muscatine, IA and edited/captioned by Jim Boyd.  Of the 128 pp (lists
@ $59.95) over 80 pics are of CB&Q (inc. some Q & C&S @ Denver) as
well as ex-Q steam switchers on the DRI&NW.  The interchange with the
Southern Iowa Industrial is clearly show (if you want to model the
diamond of an electric line with the Q, this has the pics!)
Some really good photos, mostly @ Burlington, Ottumwa & extreme SE
Iowa but also a Prairie powered mixed on the Ashland-Sioux City line,
etc. The inclusion of the other granger RR's gives context (and a lot
of good steam era frt car pics inc. a 50' DD GB&W).  A typical pic is
the mixed coming into Burlington from Washington with a 3000 series
steel combine at the end of train. If you are into Lines East or 50's
Q (includes some S.S. passenger trains as well as all the steam), I
heartily recommend the book.
Gerald Edgar  (got it from a good Q friend for my B'day; son Lee has
other Q books for me - great to have Q friends & family!)  :-)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM