Re: [CBQ] Photos

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Photos
From: Bryan Howell <tubaman21@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:13:39 -0800 (PST)
As a volunteer in the Diesel Department at IRM, I cam
most definately tell you that picture was taken on our
campus.  The Silver Pilot was repainted and renumbered
an is now the 9911A.  I do not know the date of this,
but I would guess early to mid 90's.

Hope this helps!

Bryan J. Howell
tubaman21@yahoo.com
Illinois Railway Museum Diesel Department Volunteer

--- Rupert and Maureen <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

> I've found three CB&Q colour photos on a travel
> agent's site at
>
> http://www.railtravelcenter.com/
> /Photos/Memorable Trains
> 1.  "Pioneer Zephyr 1934" shows a three car Zephyr
> at a very small passenger shelter during snow
>
> 2. "#3004 1958" side view
>
> 3. "E-5 #9952 1930's"  The date might be "slightly"
> incorrect! The photo shows Silver Pilot and is
> labelled for Texas Zephyr, whilst the overhead
> wiring is somewhat suggestive of IRM at Union. It
> appears to be coupled to an auxiliary power
> unit/lounge Apollo/Venus from the Twin Zephyr, and
> #960 Venus happens to also be at Union. It is still
> numbered 9952A (so it must be post-1955) and has red
> nose stripes rather than the black ones that 9611A
> now sports.
>

> Rupert Gamlen
> Auckland NZ

> removed]

> What would our lives be like without music, dance,
> and theater?
> Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for
> Good!

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
http://my.yahoo.com