[CBQ] Unusual CZ power (WP)

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Unusual CZ power (WP)
From: "jworones" <jworones@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 16:59:47 -0000

While reading through some back issues of X2200 South, I came across
the following news item:

>From the OCT 1968 X2200 South, pg 12
submitted by James Lekas

"The Calif. Zephyr left Salt Lake City 09/13/68 pulled by #754, a GE
U30B, and D&RGW steam generator car #250. The #250 is a former steam
locomotive tender."
..."All went well until the 11-car train reached Keddie, Calif. At
this point #754 experienced ground relay trouble and had no power..."
"The WP is downhill between Portola and Oroville, Calif. The train
coasted down the hill from Keddie (70 miles). When the train
approached Oroville, the crew noticed that they had power and the
train came into the depot under it's own power"
"No. 754 was supposed to make the entire trip to Oakland, but with
the trouble, it was replaced by three passenger F's for the rest of
the run."
"No. 754 ran east out of Oroville Sept. 15th and ran well..."

Just thought you'd like to know!
Jeff Worones
Lake Stevens WA

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM