[CBQ] Re: [Non-Contact] BRHS TOPICS

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: [Non-Contact] BRHS TOPICS
From: "dave_Ndrgw" <ntrains@macfocus.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 06:58:03 -0000

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Lotz" <dave_lotz@c...> wrote:
> CBQ listers,
> As I've clearly stated in the past, the CBQ list is no longer a
place for
> BRHS discussions.  Anything having to do with the BRHS needs to go
to the
> BRHSlist.  In light of recent events, this is a separation that I
intend to
> enforce.   No more postings regarding the BRHS here, please.
> Dave Lotz
> CBQ List Owner

As an observer of these events, I was completely confused by this
post. Assumptions seem to be made that the cryptic language used can
be understood by everyone. Not so.

Perhaps the moderator can clearly define how such matters as the
former organisations presence and any resources that it may have
presented should now be referred to so as to not transgress the new
list censorship mode?

Also how does one either ask, or reply to without direct references to
said organisation or its published resources, or personnel, or
contacts without  transgression? If a resource is available and a
person offers help, cannot the 'source' be mentioned ?

And in regard to shotgun managerment, perhaps censorship, sorry
moderation,   could take place at the message level and only the
perpetrators notified rather than broadcast warnings across the entire
group membership.

As such I see the messages posted were 'personal' communications
published in the group much like shouting in a hall- intended for one
person but everyone became the audience due to the 'manner' of
delivery or performance.

Thus perhaps the 'private' messages should be removed/ moderated along
with all unnecessary, off-hand and spontaneous but 'off-topic' blurb
and chiding.

In similar vein should another organisation 'officially' complain
about this group being used for 'unofficial' commentary will the same
punitive action be taken against alleged discussions by lobby groups,
restoration societies, municipal organisations etc?

Unfortunately I am not financial enough to belong to multiple hobby
organisations so joining the members only list [by proxy] is out of
the question.

To find  relevant and useful info about the Q history as it relates to
my railroading D&RGW interests was my aim for joining a free internet
group, however the value of this is more or less determined by the
appearance of that information which is freely made available by
volunteers.

I'm not really concerned where it does come from and the academic and
arbitrary limitations made will I guess, show in months to come what
value there is remaining a lurker here.

Thanks for the opportunity,
 dave w
===