[CBQ] Aerial Photographs of 45 Illinois Counties late '30s and early '40

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Aerial Photographs of 45 Illinois Counties late '30s and early '40s
From: "ttcollector81" <jon_habegger@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:43:34 -0000

Found the following web site with aerial photographs of 45 Illinois
counties this past week from the late 1930s and early 1940s.
http://www.isgs.uiuc.edu/nsdihome/webdocs/ilhap/county/  This gives
a view of where various lines were located.

Very good photographs of Aurora shops, station, and like under Kane
County.  Also, I have looked at Chicago Union Station area.  Have
not yet looked at Galesburg, but Knox County is one of the available
counties.

I found it best to download the software to view the photographs
first (software allows you to zoom into photo and pan around).  Then
go to the county map (county name_year) and look to see which photo
numbers are most likely to provide the information you are looking
for.  Finally, select those photos (note that if the photo is 1-04
on the map, you will be looking for 1004).  Photos are in the 3-4mb
range.

I had trouble with the interactive map, that is why I have gone to
the county list and viewed individual photos.

Thought this might be of interest to members of this list.
Jon Habegger

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM