[CBQ] Freight car rosters

To: <CBQ@YahooGroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Freight car rosters
From: "Rupert and Maureen" <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 17:33:35 +1300
The current discussion seemed to be a timely opportunity to provide an update
on this subject.

Over the last 18 months, I've been working on a CB&Q freight car roster
covering the years from 1885 to 1970, for publication by the BRHS and other
circulation, such as List Files, CD's, etc.  I've received incredible help from
a number of members for this project (which was originally expected to take 3
months!!! ) for which I am extremely grateful.

I'm still collecting ORER's and other material to fill in the gaps and I'm
trying to identify the last few builders and class numbers, but I've started
converting the ORER and other data into Rosters.  Once it is finished, it will
be released.  I'm optimistic that the Rosters will include the number of cars
for each class/number group at perhaps 5 year intervals.  If this is in
electronic format as well as printed, you will be able to juggle the data as
you want.

It should also be possible to provide (through the Company Store) optical discs
containing scanned copies of the CB&Q pages from ORER's that I have collected,
similar to those sold by Westerfield, but that is in the future.

If anyone wants to speed up the project by providing copies of ORER's or other
data sources, please contact me with offers off List at gamlenz@ihug.co.nz
Scanned copies will be preferred but I'm happy to pay for photocopies and
postage.

In addition, I understand that there was a list issued by the CB&Q in about
1912 (about the time that the Class numbering system started) that contained
the original allocation of road numbers to classes.  If anyone can provide a
copy of this (or point me towards one) I'll be ecstatic.

Regards

Rupert

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM