Re: [CBQ] Athearn announces new Q GP35's

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Athearn announces new Q GP35's
From: Jim's Junction/ John & Debbie Olson <trains28@bresnan.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 19:07:14 -0700
   The upgraded GP-35 uses a re-tooled RPP shell with see-through fans and
separate metal Grab-irons. The motor is an upgraded 5-pole Athearn with
skew-wound armature coupled to a one-piece drive shaft that fits into a hex
slot in the flywheels and snaps onto the worm gear assembly on the trucks
just like Kato products. There is a DCC circuit board attached to the top of
the motor with a factory 'dummy' plug installed. Along with the scale width
shell- they look and run very nice and the skew wound motor is a 'big'
improvement over the older motor with lots of torque and smoothness. I will
be awaiting the 'Q' GP-35's at the store with open arms!

   John Olson
   Billings, Mt.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM