[CBQ] My own end of year musings

To: CBQ LIst <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] My own end of year musings
From: Mike Gardner <gardnermc@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 09:28:08 -0800
Most of you on this list don't know me.  I tend to sit on the sidelines
and learn rather than participate in the dialog.

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all those who make the BRHS
and this list work.  Our publications are absolutely top notch.  Our
archive may not be what we would like it to be, but it is there and
being worked on.  We are fortunate to have a corps or dedicated people
who freely (and occasionally for too little pay) give of their time and
knowledge to make the BRHS work and to educate and support the rest of
us who for various good and not so good reasons do not step forward to
fill these roles.

As a long time board member, officer and past newsletter editor of a
much smaller and less well organized railroad club I know first hand how
much work is involved in keeping an organization alive and well.  We all
owe a debt of gratitude to those who have been able and willing to make
our society what it is and to continue to put out the outstanding
publications we receive at such a reasonable cost.  Kudos to you all.  I
may disagree with an individual decision or vote, but overall you are
doing a great job.  Thank you.  I know the sacrifice you make to do what
you do for us.

To those of us who don't serve, for our own various good and not so good
reasons, I ask only that we remain civil in our disagreements and
questioning. We would ask for the same ourselves and our leadership
deserves no less.

Happy New Year to all, and a special thank you to all those who make the
CBQ List and the BRHS go from day to day.

Mike Gardner

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM