[CBQ] BWL 2-8-2 modifications

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] BWL 2-8-2 modifications
From: "Ray Bedard" <tczephyr@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:31:47 -0800
Bcc:
Has anyone modified the Broadway Ltd 2-8-2 to be more prototypical to the Q
class O4? I have the Cal Scale Worthington feed water heater as well as the
Elesco feed water brass parts and am planning on doing one or the other.

But before I tackle this, wondering if anyone has attempted to modify the
engine and what your thought or issues were.

Those of you who know Bill Glick, he is attempting to take his brass USRA
2-8-2 boiler and tender shell and mount it on the BLW frame. I think that's
going to be a major overhaul. Will keep you all posted on our success.

Ray Bedard
San Jose CA

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM