[CBQ] CB&Q R-1 2-6-2

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q R-1 2-6-2
From: railbass@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 19:26:17 +0000
I just acquired a unique Q HO model - an R-1 2-6-2.   I don't even know who
made it, as there is nothing on the box except road name and type and "G
series."   I model the CB&Q, C&S, and D&RGW in the late 1940s and early 1950s.
 Corbin's Steam Locomotives of the Burlington Route says that the   R-1s were
retired by 1933, after two were rebuilt into 0-6-0 switchers.   Some of the
R-2s, which were built to similar dimensions as the R-1s, were kept until the
late 1940s and early 1950s (7 were sold for scrap in 1951).   Does anyone know
of any photos of R-2s in the late 1940s?   The model looks as it may have come
from the West Burlington shops in 1900.   I would like to detail it to the late
1940s, just before retirement.   Also, does anyone know where the last R-2s,
all numbered in the 1700 series, operated just before retirement?   This will
make an interesting project.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM