[CBQ] re: Q slogans

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] re: Q slogans
From: "gaedgar66" <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 21:55:19 -0000

Thanks for adding that one Dave - obviously NOT created by
Burlington's marketing Dept!  There are at least 3 books on the
subject of the Great Strike of 1888 - 2 vintage ones (1 pro-mgt, one
pro-labor) and a recent one from a scholarly standpoint as to how the
strike came about.  Dick Overton covers the strike somewhat in his BR
book as well.  Another common slogan (you will read about in the
Zephyr going our soon in "collectibles column") was the "Moving
Picture Route" - not from a standpoint of connecting to Hollywood
back in the 'teens but the 'moving pictures (scenic)' from the train
windows.  Of course my favorite (my LaCrosse Div bias) was "Where
Nature Smiles 300 Miles"!

Gerald

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM