[CBQ] A CB&Q Christmas toy discovery!

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] A CB&Q Christmas toy discovery!
From: "gaedgar66" <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 21:49:24 -0000

While looking thru the after Christmas 1/2 price displays for a
little model of a "91 'vette, I came across some scale (sort of) cars
by Maisto.  On the racks I also noticed a model train, specifically a
Sinclair tank car by Maisto as well.  No scale shown but I'd guess TT
(i.e. bigger than N but smaller than HO).  I checked the back of
the 'card' and it showed all the roadnames/rolling stock available
INCLUDING: a CB&Q 0-6-0 with tdr AND a GP-20(?) in Chinese Red.
Considering they only make 3 or 4 road names for the locos, it was
great to see a cheap import modeling OUR RR.  Some little kids just
may become Q fans as a result!
Anyone else see these @ your favorite discount dept store?  If the
store I was @ (Shopko or Target as I recall) stocked the 2 locos, I
would have bought them just as curiosity pieces.  Gerald

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM