[CBQ] Bernard Corbin Photo Collection

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Bernard Corbin Photo Collection
From: "pcv333" <pcv333@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 03:43:08 -0000

     Before I ask my questions, I would like to introduce myself to
members of the CB&Q List. My name is Patrick Vana. I'm a lifelong
resident and railfan from Omaha, Nebraska. My specific interests in
the railfan/model railroad hobbies are the histories, operations,
structures, and rolling stock of the following railroads: CB&Q, MKT,
MOPAC, UP (pre 1983), MILW, CNW, RI, (Omaha area railroads), and SP.
I enjoy corresponding with other railfans and model railroaders. I
hope that in the future I can assist other members of this list in
answering any CB&Q related questions if I'm able to.

     My questions on this posting concern the Bernard Corbin Photo
Collection. Does anyone on this list know the most recent status of
the Bernard Corbin collection? What I'm specifically wondering about
is the Bernard Corbin collection in Denver? If not, where is it
located? What individuals or companies have ownership or possesion
of the photo collection? Is anyone allowed access to the photo
collection for research purposes? If the Bernard Cobin Photo
Collection is private and off limits to most railfans and model
railroaders, I respect that decision. I figured it wouldn't hurt to
ask. Ultimately, I'm curious what future plans the owner(s) have for
the collection? Will it be cataloged, classified in some way? Will
it donated to a museum or library? In the past I was told that
Bernard willed his collection to the BRHS. If that's true, does
anyone know what the BRHS plans to do with the collection, long
term?

     Perhaps someday whoever has possesion and ownership of
Bernard's photo collection will have it set aside somewhere where
CB&Q fans can at least look a portion of it over for research,
modeling, and other purposes. Keep in mind this is only an idea and
suggestion. I'm interested in reading feedback from other CB&Q fans
on their thoughts about the status of Bernard Corbin's collection
and what they think should/would be the correct action to take in
regards to its future. Ideas that come to mind are should the
collection be someday housed in its own building, a part of a
building, should there be a seperate museum for it, perhaps it could
be part of a museum, some type of traveling display for some of the
collection. The places I'm thinking a traveling display could be
taken to would be future BRHS Conventions, GATS Shows, other train
shows, etc. Keep in mind these are just ideas or suggestions. That's
all for now.

                                            Sincerly

                                              Patrick Vana

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM