[CBQ] Re: Good spot to model between Savanna & Chicago

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Good spot to model between Savanna & Chicago
From: clipperw@EarthLink.net
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:41:34 -0600
Tom,

Christopher's suggestion would be my choice, but it involves a lot of
detail since it is "in town".  There is one more crossing that comes to
mind, but there is no interchange or industry in the immediate are.
That is the C&NW branch from DeKalb to Spring Valley that crosses the
C&I just east of Shabbona. It also crosses the Galesburg line just west
of Earlville. That line is still in service as a U.P. branch with , I
believe, one train each way per week day.

Of course, since your criteria is "Savanna to Chicago", there are a
number of other crossings with interchanges east of Aurora , but none
are at grade level. All are bridges either over or under. The EJ&E
crossing at Eola would be interesting.

Bill Barber

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM