Re: [CBQ] RE: Westmont History

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>, <SUSFREGEAU@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] RE: Westmont History
From: "GLEN HAUG" <glenehaug@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 22:00:17 -0800
Susan:

I am not an expert on Westmont, either, but I have a copy of a 1904 CB&Q
timetable that refers to the station at present day Westmont as Greggs (spelled
plural, not with an apostrophe).  So presumably this name originated from when
the line was first built in the 1860's.  The next oldest timetable I have in
1924 refers to the station as Westmont, so the station was renamed between
those two dates.

Glen Haug