[CBQ] locomotive cab roof color

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] locomotive cab roof color
From: drale99@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 11:58:46 EST
I recently acquired a brass steam loco that had been factory painted.  The
roof is reddish-orange.  This bothers me because I have previously painted all
of my brass myself, and I have used a special mix that seems to match the color
photos I have referred to.  I have used tuscan as the major ingredient in the
mix.  This produced a dull dirty looking roof that suited me fine, but my
finest engine now has a roof that doesn't match, and certainly doesn't suit my
notion of how it should look.

Before I repaint my new engine, I would be interested in whatever someone
might know about the proper color for steam cab roofs

Dale

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM