Re: [CBQ] Walthers Pullmans

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Walthers Pullmans
From: Bob Webber <zephyr1@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 08:16:17 -0600
Forgot to add the following, the result of writing on little rest after a
long trip:

The database includes things you need to prepare a correct model - such as,
the correct type of air conditioning (which will affect the underbody
parts), the correct trucks (it isn't always going to be the same, and
Walthers didn't always pick the right ones for the right cars), the correct
steps, etc. - in short, what you need to build a credible model.

The last paragraph there needs some changes.  You won't see a 12/1 with a
road name and NO A/C is how that should have read.

BTW, the Anaconda was shadow lined in 1951 and grey in 1956 (sold to the
FW&D in 1948).

McQuesten was a CB&Q car and Pullman records (found to date) do not show
CB&Q paint.

And, looking at the database, a LOT of the cars the CB&Q got are the
shorter 24xx plan cars - so be careful which cars names you use.
,

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM