[CBQ] Re: Railroad Passes

To: cbQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Railroad Passes
From: clipperw@EarthLink.net
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 00:48:33 -0600
My great grandfather, H. D. Wyllie, was Chief Clerk to the General
Manager of the CB&Q in Chicago from approximately 1893 to 1902. In
sorting out my late father's possessions, I came across 52 annual
passes that were issued to my great grandfather and/or his family
during that period. Included are passes from a number of railroads of
the day, a steamship line, Western Union and a couple Express
companies. Among RR companies are 22 passe issue to him are 22 from the
Q or its predecessor lines including B&MR in Nebraska, CB&N, and on one
group of passes, four RRs including H&St. J, KCStJ&CB, StLK&NW,and
CB&KC. There is also a pass for Burlington, Cedar Rapids & Northern
which I am not sure that it became part of the Q.

My question to the group is do these passes have any value from an
historic standpoint? BTW, some of the other RRs include C&NW,RGW,Hot
Springs RR, Wisc. Central (NPRR Lessee), CGW, AT&SF, Pullman Palace Car
Co, Centralia & Chester, CRI&P, CM&StP, Great Eastern Rwy (British?),
Milw Lake Shore & Western, Wabash and IC. The express companies include
Wells Fargo, American Express and United States Express. The steamship
line is Dramond Jo Line and there is one for the Parmelee Chicago
Omnibus Line.

I have no intention of parting with any of these items. I simply want
to know if they have historic value.

Bill Barber

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM