Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 2191

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 2191
From: "Mike Decker" <mdecker@gwtc.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 21:28:46 -0600
Hi Bill & Paul:

I rode the second Illini trip, in June 1960.  We had 5632 out to Lincoln,
diesels to Alamosa and back to Lincoln & 5632, Lincoln back to Chicago.  As
I recall, my fare was about $300, for an upper (#10) in Car 50, the Chief
Illini.  The Omaha Club was in the consist, along with some day coaches,
Slumbercoaches and regular Pullmans.  I had to take my Sophmore end of
semester finals before I left, and Niles West wasn't amused, but that wasn't
the first time they didn't get a vote :>)

Mike Decker