[CBQ] Changes around station - Galesburg.

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Changes around station - Galesburg.
From: atsf3460@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 18:36:30 EDT
This weekend in Galesburg you may notice the south side of the station
grounds doesn't quite look "right".  The cantilever signal bridge was taken
down
sometime this past year.  The large white building by the signal bridge that I
believe may have been a senior's home was also razed and where it was located
is
now a small city park named "Icehouse Park".  Three weeks ago or so I was at
the station for the first time this summer and it took a while to figure out
what had changed after noticing things were different.

If you visit that "other railroad" that runs thru town you may notice that
the Santa Fe Amtrak station was also razed earlier this year as well.  The lack
of it, if anything, really opens up the area and makes for a better photo
location for Santa Fe eastbounds.

Mike Martin / Peoria Heights, IL

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM