Re: [CBQ] Walthers 60' heavyweights

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Walthers 60' heavyweights
From: "Jim Ogden" <sjogden@att.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:24:35 -0500
Hi group,

Here's some more grist for the rumor mill.

I talked to a dealer in the north Dallas area who went to the NMRA National
Train Show last summer.   At that time, the acquistion of Rivarossi's assets (I
 think by British mfg. Hornby-- I'm not sure of this) was taking much longer
than anticipated.    The representative at the Walthers booth told him they
were going to retool the 60' cars de novo if things kept on going as slowly as
before.   These cars are probably the new tooling.

There seems to be more demand for "shorty" cars in the trainset line than the
regular Walthers line, so that is why they are marketing them as Trainline
cars.   I just hope they don't have cast-on grabirons and talgo couplers!!!!

Regards,

Jim Ogden