[CBQ] BRT Call Board

To: bradslaney@wizard.com
Subject: [CBQ] BRT Call Board
From: LZadnichek@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 13:17:16 EDT
Cc: cbq@yahoogroups.com
August 9, 2004

Brad - Thanks sincerely for responding to my inquiry for former Chicago area
Brotherhood of Railfan Trainmen members! I'm happy to receive your Email.You,
as a "want to be," are more than welcome to join our unofficial "BRT Call
Board" casual discussion group. There are no dues, membership cards or
meetings.
Just alot of FUN remembering our youthful railfan days and celebrating the
Burlington Route's rich heritage. By all means, if you come across any other
former BRT members (or other seriously interested CB&Q/C&S/FW&D railfans)
please
let them know about our new electronic group.

It's all very simple. One of us will post a photograph/slide/document
alongwith commentary and then the rest of us will make our comments,
reminiscences,
memories, insights, experiences and, if necessary, criticisms or corrections.
No "foaming" is allowed. Then, once that thread is finally exhausted, another
one of us will contribute and so on. This all works kind of like the "grain
rush." Sometimes all kinds of Email is flying back and forth and at other times
the telegraph is silent.  All of us agree not to use anyone else's posted
images or commentary for commercial purposes, or repost outside of our group
without prior Emailed permission of the originator. Our group is very much
image
oriented, so get out your long forgotten slides, snapshots, trainorders,
whatever
to share.

Posted subjects are not strictly limited to the CB&Q, but can be of any
transportation subject of general interest to our group. Personally, I've been
"into" Alabama logging railroads for the past 30 years, plus rode many Southern
Railway steam trips. The only thing, if you do not participate, you will be
dropped from the active group (called "being put in the deadline"). The "BRT
Call
Board" is strictly informal and meant to be as easy as slipping on your most
comfortable set of engineer boots before climbing up into the cab of your
favorite steam or diesel engine (or interurban car). And I've already learned
some
things I never knew about the CB&Q and railroading in general.

If you do not have a scanner, comments, personal stories and memories are
fine. Or, you can snail mail what you want scanned to me and I'll post it, then
mail back your original material providing you send return postage. I can not
take responsibility for anything lost or damaged in the US Postal System. Or,
better yet, use a friend's or relative's scanner.

Brad, if you want to join, Email me. I will then add your name to our group,
as well as send you a past thread with image to comment upon and see how we do
things on the "BRT Call Board." Following, you will be expected to submit
your own contribution and join in all the FUN! I'm looking forward to punching
your ticket. Best Regards - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
"BRT Call Board" Dispatcher
Email  LZadnichek@aol.com