[CBQ] Searching For Former BRT Members

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Searching For Former BRT Members
From: LZadnichek@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 13:15:16 EDT
August 8, 2004

Attention: Members of Burlington Route Historical Society and CB&Q Railfans

Back in the early to mid-1960s in Downers Grove, IL, there was an organized
group of CB&Q railfans known as the "Brotherhood of Railfan Trainmen." The
organization was founded by Dave Briggs. The organization's monthly news letter
"Rail Head" was edited by Bill Barber. BRT members rode the 5632/4960 fan trips
together and joined in other Chicago Land railfan activities of the period.
Besides myself, some other early members included Bob Campbell, George
Voightman, Bob Walker, Steve Perry, Tom DeRoo, the late Glenn Monhart, David
Rohn, John
Huber, Jim Boyd and Otto Vavin. I'm not entirely sure, but I think membership
peaked at around 50-75 members. In any event, several of the early BRT
members and myself are now regularly corresponding by Email and swapping
memories
and scanned photographs of the 5632/4960, plus other images of CB&Q
steam/diesel
power and other railroad subjects. I would like to make Email contact with
other former BRT members who would like to participate. It's reasonable to
believe that some former BRT members may belong to the BRHS or this discussion
group. Any assistance would be sincerely appreciated. Best Regards - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
BRHS Member
Email  LZadnichek@aol.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM