Re: [CBQ] Slumbercoaches

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Slumbercoaches
From: "Rupert and Maureen" <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 10:57:17 +1200
Tom

According to some photocopied pages I have (origin not known), NP had a
total of 4 slumber coaches (#325-328 Lochs Sloy, Leven, Lomond and Ness)
delivered new in 1959 (plus 8 second hand in 1964)  for the North Coast
Limited. As the train had 5 consists at that time, a cycle was devised
combining these four cars with two Burlington-owned Slumbercoaches.  A car
arriving Chicago in the NCL would be switched to the Denver Zephyr, and vice
versa.

I believe that the Q also had a total of four Slumbercoaches - #4900-4903
Siesta, Slumber, Rest and Repose delivered in 1956 for the Denver Zephyr.
There is no mention that these were painted in NP colours unlike the chair
cars, dining car and sleepers.

Rupert