Re: [CBQ] Swaps and Foreigners at BRHS meets

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Swaps and Foreigners at BRHS meets
From: atsf3460@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 06:48:16 EDT
In a message dated 6/23/04 9:43:03 AM Central Daylight Time, cvlk@comcast.net
writes:

> the
> Streator meet had one of the best railroad presentations I have ever heard
> (Lamb's history of the AT&SF Chicago extension) but superficially it wasn't
> a CB&Q topic....but it certainly helped me understand the management of the
> Q and its competitive environment much better.
> Charlie Vlk

Recently while watching PBS's Nova program I was stunned to see Don Lamb
being interviewed on an episode dealing with, I believe, something called
neutron
stars.  I had met Don before the Streator meet and knew that he was an
astronomer at the University of Chicago but it was still a shock to see him on
television.  The program primarily dealt with trying to figure out what these
stars
were and the building and launching of a satellite to do specific research on
them.

Mike Martin / Peoria Heights, IL

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM