[CBQ] Airhorn

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Airhorn
From: James McDonald <jd_mcdonald@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 08:39:35 -0700 (PDT)
I'm thinking about getting Soundtraxx decoders for some of my diesel CB&Q
engines.

They come with a variety of airhorn sounds.  Does anyone know which ones are
appropriate for CB&Q locomotives?

For "1st Generation" locomotives the choices are:

EMD 1st Gen Wabco Airhorn
EMD 1st Gen 3-Chime Leslie
EMD 1st Gen Nathan Airhorn
EMD 1st Gen Wabco E2 1-Chime
EMD 1st Gen Nath M5 5-Chime
EMD 1st Gen Nath P3 3-Chime

For "2nd Generation":

EMD 2nd Gen, Leslie S5T 5-chime
EMD 2nd Gen, Leslie S3 3-chime
EMD 2nd Gen, Nathan K3LA 3-chime
EMD 2nd Gen, Nathan K5LA 5-chime
EMD 2nd Gen, Nathan M3 3-chime
EMD 2nd Gen, Nathan P3 3-chime
GE Leslie S5 5-chime
GE Wabco 1-chime
GE Leslie S3 3-chime
GE Wabco E2
GE Nathan K5 5-chime
GE Nathan P3 3-chime

I'm mostly interested in the EMD locomotives (since that's what I mainly have),
but I'm eventually going to be interested in the GE ones.

James

=====
James D. McDonald

"He made a lot of mistakes.  But he made mistakes in good directions, so
eventually he got to the right answers.  I tried to imitate him, but I found
out that it is very difficult to make good mistakes."  Goro Shimura

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM