Re: [CBQ] 90 Ton Hoppers

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] 90 Ton Hoppers
From: "Rupert and Maureen" <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 17:39:01 +1200
Brad

Class HT-12/A/B rapid discharge hoppers #163000-210 had aluminium sides,
built at Havelock with a capacity of 200000 lb. and an overall length of 58'
2".  They were covered in John D Mitchell's Bulletin #35

The first two were experimental, built separately in 1964, followed by 139
more in 1965.  They were used as two 70 car trains between Old Ben Coal #24
mine at Benton, Illinois (and later Orient #5 mine at Logan) and Union
Electric's plant north of St Louis. 70 additional cars were built at
Havelock in 1968 and the trains were expanded to 100 cars each with 10 cars
as spares. This service continued until after BN arrived.

So you need to buy at least 70 cars, or maybe 100, depending on your time
frame!!!!!!!

Rupert