[CBQ] More questions about O-4 Mikados

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] More questions about O-4 Mikados
From: Christopher Meyer <burlingtonfan_89@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 16:57:02 -0700 (PDT)
  Now that I know O-4s used both Elesco and Worthington feed water heaters, I
have a few more questions about this class, since I'm planning to detail a
Broadway-Limited Heavy 2-8-2 more to the Q's version of the engine.

 On the 8 engines that used Worthingtons, What side of the engine was the
heater on, and what side was the air pump on? Since the model BLI is running is
numbered for an engine using the Worthington heater, would you have to move the
pump from the left side to the engineer's side, and also rebuild the catwalk on
the right side so either the pump or the heater could fit there? If so, then
I'll just save myself a few pains and reletter the engine to #5503, which used
an elesco system. Sorry if this is a little hard to understand, I've tried to
explain it as best as I could.

Christopher Meyer

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM