[CBQ] Re: LaBelle Baggage/Combine

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: LaBelle Baggage/Combine
From: jonathanharris@earthlink.net
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:42:25 -0700
Oops, as the saying goes, "use brain before hitting 'send'" (or in my case,
maybe just "use your eyes before hitting 'send'")!! I just looked up from
my computer screen and saw a picture of one of the prototype cars on my
wall calendar (combine #213); the numbers on the body were indeed black,
but the fascia board was also black with the letters there "reversed out"
in the yellow body color. This seems to have been the scheme during both
D&RGW (early 1950s-1981) and current (1981-present) D&S tourist RR
operations.

And I swear my 2004 BRHS calendar with Ed DeRouin's wonderful photos is up
in another room.

The BRHS photo gallery has a couple good pictures from Ed's HO layout, by
the way, one of which shows the "B" end of a LaBelle std. gauge wooden
baggage car painted for MOW service.
-j

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511